This is an amazing opportunity for MEMBERS only! If you’re not a member and you’re getting this email, this means that you passed our audition and are allowed to sign up here https://musicfortv.net/shop/
We strongly encourage you to sign up now because your chances of immediate placement are through the roof for this one.
Music Needed: MTV Catfish
We just got a request from the show MTV Catfish. We will be submitting new music to the network every week. Deadline is on-goin until further specified. We only ask that you focus on quality over quantity. Here’s a breakdown of what we will need:
Indie genres are the highest priority.
- indie pop
- indie electro
- indie rock
- indie hip hop that skews toward pop
- We can still use emotional (hopeful/melancholy/reflective) type cues and tension (light suspense… think worry not fear/investigative/driving)
- Suspense/Investigative/Tension music – this is the bulk of the Catfish sound! Should be dark but not too scary/horror movie like.
- Ambient/droney tension
- Sparse – tracks that are pulsing or have ticking sounds
- Driving tension – tracks (still minimal though) with a build
- Weird instrumentation (chimes, glitchy sounds, didgeridoo)
- Electronic/Dubby tension MINIMAL
- Sparse Tense/suspenseful hip hop
- Pop/Rock and electro pop
- MINIMAL emotional music – both sad and hopeful. Lots of single note cues work – especially reverse ambient guitar (wahh-wahh sounds). Tracks that are sparse and heart breaking as well as cautiously hopeful. Electronic elements work well in these types of cues. Piano ballads or strum-my guitar cues do not. Tracks with slight builds can work well!
- Mid-tempo and uptempo indie pop, indie rock, folk and electro pop – optimistic, fun, slightly quirky tracks for travel montages and more light hearted scenes. Tracks that build can work here. Only current sounding cues that should also be somewhat minimal so there can be dialogue on top of them. NO EDM. Most should be optimistic but some can be more tense or melancholy. Nothing too percussive or distracting.
- Resolution music – Each episode will end with some sort of resolution. Many will be bittersweet so we will need music to help show that. These songs can be emotional, cautiously hopeful, have slow builds. We will need a variety.
Type of Submission: Non-Exclusive Instrumentals
Members you of course have wide open unlimitedd submission for this and this is ongoing. But get on it asap because someone will beat you to it, if you don’t!
For those of you still waiting on the side, go to the link and sign up https://musicfortv.net/shop/
You are seriously missing so many opportunities that are ongoing.
90% OF OUR OPPORTUNITIES ARE ONGOING WITH DOZENS OF SHOWS. AND WE DO NOT SEND OUT EMAILS FOR THESE. PLEASE DO NOT GET CONFUSED AND THINK THAT WE ONLY SEND OUT EMAIL REQUESTS.
This is what makes us different than everyone else. We are constantly supplying shows with music. We don’t waste time with email requests unless there is BIG money involved. Of course you’ve seen those emails and they are great! But becoming a consistent supplier of cues to our shows is going to make you the long term money!
STOP WASTING TIME AND GET IT DONE NOW!